Agnes Water and 1770 School and Educational Group Excursions
Bring your group to the adventurous and breathtakingly beautiful town of Agnes Water and 1770 and experience more than you knew you could in one place!
– Experience snorkeling the Southern Great barrier Reef
– Learn to surf on Qld’s most northern safe surf beach
– Meet the Bushtucker Chef
– Learn the history & culture of our indigenous Aborigines (including bush tucker, bush medicines, boomerang throwing)
– Discover why the Town of 1770 is called the Birthplace of Queensland and it’s connection to Captain Cook
– Be thrilled riding the LARC (amphibious vehicle) to Bustard Head light station, sand boarding, spot kangaroos and other wildlife…in the wild!
– Joyflights, stand up paddleboarding, fishing, motorcycle tours and more!
It’s a UNIQUE, EDUCATIONAL and FUN experience like no other.
3 night package
- Upmarket cottage style air-conditioned accommodation 3 nights, exclusive to your group in a tranquil bush setting close to the beach. Includes campfire, pool and sports area.
Packages up to 7 nights are available. Please ask for a customised quotation.
- Educational and fun guided day tour. This is a private tour, “The 1770 Experience” – customised to suit the needs of your group. Discover Captain Cook, Aboriginal culture & history, bush foods, bush medicines. Boomerang throwing lesson.
- Private learn to surf lesson including digital photos of their lesson.
All instructors are professional accredited surf coaches, and some are also lifesavers.
Photos become the property of your group.
- All meals including an Aussie Bush BBQ complete with billy tea and damper.
- Museum entry
- Guided hikes and nature walks
$330 per person
- Full day iconic LARC amphibious vehicle tour including tour of the Bustard Head light station, sand boarding, wildlife spotting & identification. One hour afternoon cruise option also available.
- Full day Southern Great Barrier Reef cruise including snorkeling, guided island eco tour, semi-submersible, glass bottom boat. Abundance of coral, fish and wildlife.
- Guided kayak or stand-up paddle surfing tour (SUP).
Our experienced passionate staff include: Junior Sports Coach, Ex Qld school teacher and wildlife carer, Chef, Horticulturalist, Captain Cook enthusiast, SES volunteer, Ex Early Childhood worker.
- Greyhound Bus stops close by in Agnes Water.
- Queensland Rail stops at Miriam Vale.
- Airports at Bundaberg and Gladstone.
Local transfers and airport/train transfers can be arranged (extra costs may apply). We can organise Greyhound passes for your group. Please inquire.
3 night package available $330 per person
(based on 20 students and 2 teachers)
Prices subject to change at any time without notice.
Prices may not be valid for peak times.
Updated 21-4-2016 by h.atkins