Here’s our top picks to spend your time in Agnes Water and Town of 1770… firstly, allow at least 4 or 5 days here to appreciate our unspoiled coastal town.
BEST THINGS TO DO IN AGNES WATER and TOWN OF 1770
Here’s our list of the best things in Agnes Water and 1770
1 VISIT THE REEF Book a day reef trip to Lady Elliot Island with scenic flights over the reef , or a day cruise to Lady Musgrave Island phone 07 4974 7557
2 HIRE BIKES with snorkel gear and explore Agnes Water & 1770 by land and sea 07 4974 7557.
Available from the Holiday Shop next to the Ampol servo on Round Hill Road, Agnes Water…
3. SOUVENIR and T-SHIRT SHOPPING: Buy your souvenirs, 1770 sunset and combi clothing while you’re at the Holiday Shop. While there, ask for a free local map, points of interest, best coffee etc. After that, go shopping at our lovely retailers with unique gifts, beachwear and delicious food.
4. LARC CRUISE, DINNER AND A SUNSET Meanwhile, enjoy your choice of a full day, 2 hour lunch or an afternoon cruise on Bustard Bay aboard the iconic larc, grab dinner and drinks at the 1770 Beach Hotel and experience a mesmerising sunset over the ocean at 1770, and the next morning, catch sunrise over the surf beach
5. Remember to breathe… you’re on Agnes time now.
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN AGNES WATER AND TOWN OF 1770
1. For quality souvenirs, t-shirts and advice on tours and things to do in Agnes Water & 1770, phone 07 4974 7557 or call into the Discover 1770 Holiday Shop Agnes Water.
Get up to date information from the locals at Discover 1770 and grab a free local map with walking tracks, points of interest, available tours, and suggestions for the best coffee in town as well as our favourite places to eat in Agnes Water and 1770. We’re conveniently located in the middle of town, at the Ampol servo on Round Hill Road. For tour bookings, it’s wise to call us (07 4974 7557) before you arrive so you don’t miss out.
2. Experience a day on the Southern Great Barrier Reef at Lady Elliot Island or Lady Musgrave Island
Spoil yourself with a reef tour – book the scenic flight over the reef to spend a full day snorkelling at Lady Elliot Island. If you’ve got the time, book a different day to travel by boat for day cruise with snkrkelling to Lady Musgrave Island.
Hire Bicycles in Agnes Water and explore the paperback forest, the butterfly forest, Captain Cook’s monument, the anchor, and lots more. Fun for all your family and friends, Visit the Agnes Water museum – you’ll want to allow an hour or two. Pop into the 1770 Distillery for a taste test of their fruit liqueurs and grab some local hand sanitiser.
4. Book an amphibious larc environmental tour in 1770
You’re spoilt for choice here – choose from an all-inclusive full day to Bustard Head Light House including sand boarding, a 2 hour lunch cruise to Eurimbula National Park, or a one hour cruise around Bustard Bay.
Helicopter scenic flights have commenced departing Agnes Water. Joy flights range from 5 minutes airtime, for a quick look around, to the premium 50 minutes adventure that includes Bustard Head light house and Lady Musgrave Island on the Southern Great Barrier Reef.
6. Experience a breathtaking sunset over Bustard Bay at 1770.
Head out to Bustard Bay at 1770 and experience our spectacular sunsets over the ocean. There’s a playground, free bbq facilities and a boardwalk. Plenty of beautiful playgrounds and parks to enjoy a picnic, bbq or time-out.
7. Explore the many walking tracks and serene beaches. 4WD through our National Parks,
Love the walks and beaches in Agnes Water and 1770. Getting that “Agnes feeling”? Browse local properties at Ray White or PRD Real Estate – you might find the sea-change you’re looking for… Drive yourself or take a personalised 4WD tour through Deepwater or Eurimbula National Parks.
8. Hire SUP boards, surfboards and body boards… Go Fishing at 1770
Hire body boards, snorkel gear, surfboards, kayaks, SUP boards or a tinnie and enjoy our beautiful beaches and waterways. There’s also surf lessons and kayak tours.
Catch some fish! You can bring your boat, or hire a tinnie, head to the beach, or book a 1770 reef fishing charter.
9. NEW!! Enjoy a “pop up” picnic in Agnes Water.
Looking for a romantic picnic for 2 with maybe some lovely wine, food and a sunset? All you have to do is arrive at the selected location… and enjoy. If you’re up for an adventure and want to explore our magical area, buy a picnic basket to take with you.
10. Visit the 1770 Art Gallery
Take a piece of 1770 home with you by visiting our town’s new Art Gallery at 1770
Be surprised… The DISCOVER 1770 HOLIDAY SHOP is a little hidden gem with passionate staff, quality souvenirs to remember our slice of paradise, “AS Colour” t-shirts, caps, towels, coolers, beach clothes, beach toys, snorkelling gear and lots lots more to help you have a memorable holiday here. So, relax while we book your tours and help you plan your adventure. We’re at the servo complex on Round Hill Road, Agnes Water.
LADY MUSGRAVE ISLAND DAY TOUR DEPARTING 1770
While in Agnes Water, remember to call into the Discover 1770 Holiday Shop for all your souvenirs, gifts and tshirts… conveniently located on Round Hill Road Agnes Water in the Ampol Agnes Water petrol station complex, on Round Hill Road, Agnes Water