Here’s our top picks to spend your time in Agnes Water and Town of 1770… allow at least 4 or 5 days here to appreciate our unspoilt coastal town.
1. Call into the Discover 1770 Shop, get up to date information from the locals and grab a free local map with walking tracks, points of interest and suggestions for the best coffee in town as well as favourite places to eat in Agnes Water and 1770. We’re conveniently located in the middle of town, at the Caltex servo on Round Hill Road. For tour bookings, it’s wise to call us before you arrive so you don’t miss out.
2. Explore the many walking tracks and serene beaches in Agnes Water and 1770. Getting that “Agnes feeling”? Browse local properties at PRD Real Estate – you might find the sea-change you’re looking for…
3. Experience a day on the Southern Great Barrier Reef at Lady Musgrave Island by boat cruise, or spoil yourself with a scenic flight over Lady Musgrave Island to spend a full day snorkelling at Lady Elliot Island.
4. Hire bicycles and explore the paperback forest, the butterfly forest, Captain Cook’s monument, the anchor, and lots more. Visit the Agnes Water museum – you’ll want to allow an hour or two. Pop into the 1770 Distillery for a taste test of their fruit liqueurs and grab some local hand sanitiser.
5. Jump aboard our iconic amphibious pink larc (army duck). You have a choice of a full day visiting the historic Bustard Head light house with breathtaking views, sandboarding and more, right through to a fun one hour cruise around Bustard Bay.
6. Head out to 1770 for our spectacular sunsets over the water. There’s a playground, free bbq facilities and a boardwalk. There’s plenty of beautiful playgrounds and parks to enjoy a picnic, bbq or time-out
7. Hire body boards, snorkel gear, surfboards, kayaks, SUP boards or a tinnie and enjoy our beautiful beaches and waterways.
8. Catch some fish! You can bring your boat, hire a tinnie, head to the beach, or book a reef fishing charter.
9. Learn to sail or book a sailing tour around Bustard Bay.
10. Drive yourself or take a personalised 4WD tour through Deepwater or Eurimbula National Parks
Be surprised… The DISCOVER 1770 INFO SHOP is a little hidden gem with passionate staff, quality souvenirs to remember our slice of paradise, “AS Colour” t-shirts, caps, towels, coolers, beach clothes, beach toys, snorkelling gear and lots lots more to help you have a memorable holiday here. Relax while we book your tours and help you plan your adventure.
Remember to breathe… you’re on Agnes time now.